Easy Peasy Cheesy Muffins by Momma Jo
These muffins are super easy to make. They freeze really well
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 24 muffins
- 2 Cups Flour I use self raising flour
- 4 Tablespoons Baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt I prefer to use sea salt
- 1 Cup Milk You can substitute this with coconut milk
- 2.5 Cups Cheddar cheese, grated (shredded) I like to use a mix of white and yellow cheddar cheese
Preheat your oven to 200*C.
Grease 2 muffin tins with butter or cooking spray.
Mix all your dry ingredients thoroughly in a bowl.
Add the milk a little at a time till you get to a batter consistency. I find the wetter the batter, the less dry the muffins tend to be. Make sure the batter is runny.
Add 2 cups of cheese and mix well.
Half fill each muffin tin half way and top each muffin with a little of the remaining cheese
Bake for 20 minutes.
For best results, each fresh. These muffins can be kept in an airtight container for up to 3 days and can also be frozen for up to a month.
You can also add herbs to the batter prior to baking. I've added crispy bacon to the batter on occasion too.