This week, Nestle South Africa launched the New and Improved Recipe Milo cereal and I was honoured to be at the launch. Fifi and I decided to test a new brownies recipe that’s been brewing and to change the cookies we had originally used out for the new Milo and, boy oh boy, they came out perfectly!
150g Milo cereal
100ml cocoa, sifted
500g icing sugar, sifted
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Beat the eggs and set aside.
2. In a large microwaveable dish, melt the butter in the microwave, then add the cocoa, icing sugar, vanilla essence and eggs.
3. Mix well.
4. Microwave the butter mixture on high for 2 minutes.
5. Add the Milo Cereal to the chocolate mixture and mix until all the cereal is covered in chocolate.
6. Spread the mixture in a rectangular baking dish lined with baking paper.
7. Leave in the fridge overnight or until set (about 2 hours).
8. Cut into 4 cm squares. (I made our brownies really thick, so I had to cut mine smaller).
9. Enjoy with a hot cup of Milo.
Pixie really, REALLY, loves these brownies, I can definitely see us making these again in the very near future.
Do you have any go to Milo recipes? I’d love to hear what they are!